7/11/07

I come to bury Bonds...

I missed the All Star game last night. I would have watched it if I'd stayed home to paint but the game doesn't mean as much as it did in the golden age (a few years ago) before the injustice of inter-league play and the wild-card. That's a baseball obscuring San Francisco with the lighthouse at Alcatraz flashing there. Sorry, I can't spend all day on these things. I did, of course, check out the highlights of the game and I think I'm glad I missed it. I sure didn't need the stomach flip that would've occurred when the fans had their "moment" to cheer Barry HGH Bonds. Then it looked awkward when they brought out Willie Mays because he's always come off like a sour old man who hates everybody, then his face looks unnatural when he tries to smile for the crowd. Add that to his connection to Barry HGH and he's not going to get much sympathy. At least Tony LaRussa looked like the idiot that he is. And at the expense of his own player, Albert Poo Holes. Priceless.

Back to Barry HGH; I love listening to people with the argument, "He's never failed a drug test." It's more of a whine. I love that one. If you go to bed and there's no snow on the ground and you wake up and there's snow on the ground, what can you conclude? IT SNOWED WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP! Did you see it snow? Oh my God, there has to be a trial and due process to determine if it really snowed. Meanwhile, Barry HGH takes a dig at Hank Aaron, saying he would hold A-rod's suitcases if/when he approaches Bonds' home run record. What a turd. I respect the dignified approach The Hammer has taken. He knows that it snowed last night and he's staying home.

ESPN, meanwhile, keeps lining up sportswriters to tell us how great Barry HGH is and how we should act, as a nation of caring sports fans. Skip Bayless and Rob Parker of the Detroit News were the latest. Parker even made Bayless sound reasonable which I didn't think was possible. Can anyone get a sports writing job? It used to be a sacred vocation, the most read section of the newspaper. There used to be only one Terence Moore. Now there seems to be fifty of him across the country. Yuck.

This is technically the worst sports day of the year with nothing happening so I'll work on the arts instead. Someday, everything gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote about Bonds on Tuesday, which published Wednesday. I wanted to give him more grief, but I only had 380 words to work with, and I write for people who know NOTHING about baseball.

Tony Aguirre said...

The guy would've been one of the greatest players ever WITHOUT cheating, but he did cheat and that's all I'll remember about him. That, and watching him try, unsuccessfully, to throw out Sid Bream in the '92 NLCS (I was sitting in the front of right field when he made that throw). Sid Bream. Maybe that's when he decided to start with the chemicals. Oh, and him being a playoff choker and losing game six of the 2002 WS.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.